Long short story, idk where my craving for seafood especially crab came from all of the sudden. But thanks to my dad for being so kind and generous, accompanying me to find the main ingredient in pasar jatinegara and rawamangun. After gathering some info from several sites, finally I knew how to prepare and make kepiting saus padang. Hopefully it's useful for all of you :)
|my kepiting saus padang :)|
First thing first, in choosing a good and fresh crab, you have to make sure that the crab you buy is alive. To start preparing the crab, try to kill it by saying basmallah first and hit the upper shell near the eyes 3 times with stone until it loses consciousness. After that, open bond in the claws, and start cutting up the legs + claws. Next step is done by opening the shell and clean all the excretion inside the crab. Then brush all the shells, legs, and claws until it's clean (I use old toothbrush to clean it).
1. 3 crabs @ 300 gram
2. vegetable oil
3. 6 shallots, finely chopped
4. 2 garlic, finely chopped
5. 1 cm ginger, finely chopped
6. 4 tablespoons of chili sauce
7. 2 tablespoons of tomato sauce
8. 1 teaspoon minced chili (cabe merah giling)
9. 1/2 teaspoon pepper
10. 1 teaspoon salt
11. 1 teaspoon sugar
12. 75 ml water
13. 1 teaspoon cornflour, mix with some water
1. Kill the crabs, clean, and crush the claws.
2. Fry the crabs in boiling oil until it's cooked and changes color, set aside.
3. Sauce: heat the oil, stir-fry the shallots and garlic until soft and the flavor came out.
4. Add ginger, chili sauce, tomato sauce, minced chili, pepper, salt, sugar, and water.
5. Add cornflour, stir well until it's boiling and thickened.
6. Put the fried crab and mix it well.
7. Cook until the flavors mingle.